What is the worst/best relationship advice you have received?
Give yourself a gift of love for the upcoming Valentine’s Day!
One of the reasons couples get stuck in perpetual conflict is simply a lack of education and training. We are more than willing to train for marathons, or seek education to further our careers, or go to a financial adviser to guide us in our investments. But we go into marriage with virtually no training or tools to have available when the inevitable conflict comes.
Join this training that will reawaken your passion for each other, equip you to take on any conflict, and enhance your friendship and love.
Is this workshop right for you?
- Those choosing to commit.
- Couples who live together or about to move in together.
- Pre-engaged & Premarital.
- Everyone from young love to seniors.
- Those who wish to enhance a good relationship.
- Those needing better conflict management tools.
The facilitator for this Valley-based program is LGTBQ+/Poly/Kink – friendly and knowledgeable. All are welcome. Polycules are welcome to join with prior authorization from the facilitator.
This program is inappropriate for couples who are experiencing:
- Severe relationship distress.
- Emotional abuse.
- Domestic violence.
- Active addictions (alcohol, drug, sexual, gambling, etc.).
- Serious mental health problems in one or both partners.
This program is not therapy.
What will you gain from this program?
The Gottman Institute is a Seattle-based, internationally-renowned organization dedicated to building strong relationships and repairing troubled ones. The Seven Principles Program for couples is a workshop based on the acclaimed culmination of four decades of research by Dr. John Gottman as presented in his New York Times Bestselling book The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work, made widely available for couples like you who long for better relationships.
In this program you will….
- Gain insight into the research foundation of the program.
- Build proven tools to help in your relationship.
- Improve your friendship, fondness, and admiration for each other.
- Enhance romance and intimacy.
- Learn to manage conflict constructively.
- Understand and work on perpetual and solvable problems (and know the difference!).
- Create shared meaning for a lifetime together.
- Maintain emotional gains in your relationship.
The Seven Principles Couples Program format includes lectures and private couple exercises. During the program, participants will not share their personal problems in front of others. Do not assume you will have to disclose personal issues to anyone, including the facilitator. This is a safe space for you and your partner.
Benefits of participating in the program:
- In the cost of registration, each couple will receive a copy of Gottman’s 7-Principles book as well as a couples’ guide for each participant. During the structured program with the help of the trained facilitator, you will work through the exercises found in the book geared to strengthen your relationship.
- Find encouragement to work on your relationship in the context of other couples that are doing the same thing.
- Many couples find that the program is less threatening than seeking couples’ therapy and is a better fit for a busy schedule. While the program may not be a substitute for therapy, it can soften the entry into working on your relationship and provide much needed skills to build a strong foundation before pursuing therapy.
- The cost of this program is much less than 12-hours in therapy!
- Being part of the program may eliminate some of the uncertainty and hesitation some couples have about working on their relationship on their own. The class will provide you with clear goals, expectations and a time frame to work on your relationship.
- The class format encourages both partners to work on their relationship rather than one partner alone reading the book or going through the motions without the other partner’s participation.
- This program is a great opportunity for pre-marital couples to learn skills that can enrich their relationship through a lifetime together.
How to Register:
You can order this workshop for your community or wait until the next one is offered. Once registered you will receive a confirmation letter/receipt through e-mail. If you don’t receive your confirmation at least two weeks prior to the class, please phone for confirmation.
If you must cancel prior to three weeks before the class date, a full refund minus a 30$ processing fee will be given. For cancellations thereafter, you will receive credit good for one full year that you can use to attend a later class.
Special needs? Please let us know how we can help you. ADA accommodations will be made in accordance with the law. If you require ADA accommodations, please let us know what your needs are at the time of registration. We cannot ensure the availability of appropriate accommodations without prior notification.
Congratulate yourself for taking time to begin or continue your journey of deep and loving partnership.
If you have any questions about the workshop before registering, please contact Shanna at Shanna@yougotchoices.com