Shanna advises on the path of Empowerment Through Education. With an M.Ed. in Special Needs and advanced studies in Human Sexuality, she has a decade experience in teaching and counseling in Israel and the United States. She is the founder You Got Choices, a platform for consultation, workshops, lectures and events on Healthy Sexuality Matters. She works as a freelance consultant on various projects, creating content intended to increase positive biopyschosocial discourse, while highlighting awareness, responsibility and choice. As of late, she is enrolled full-time at Smith College, at the School of Clinical Social Work, with an anticipated graduation on Aug. 2019.
- Haifa University, Division of Continuing Education, Haifa Israel, Program approved by American Association of Sexual Education, Counseling and Therapy (AASECT). 364 academic hours and 100 hours of practicum, focused on sexuality for people with special needs. License: “Sex Educator “, June 2016
- Israeli Family Planning Association, Tel Aviv, Israel, License: “Healthy Sexuality Educator” June 2013. 112 academic hours and 50 hours of practicum.
- Lesley University, Cambridge, MA, B.S. – Elementary Education and Natural Science and Mathematics, Minor in Psychology, Summa Cum Laude, Salutatorian. May 2004. M.Ed. – Special Education. May 2005.
- Gottman Seven Principles Program Educator, Chicago, IL. Oct 2016. The 2015 Summit: Emotion, Trauma, and DBT: Integrating Research & Intervention. Seattle, WA, Oct. 2015.
- WIZO Israel, Herzeliya, Israel “Leading New Social Order” program for women. 120 hr. Program for the advancement of women leadership and entrepreneurship, Jan.-July 2014.
- Circle Council Training level I, Israel. International-acclaimed program providing tools to facilitate group listening-circles, July 2012.
- Worlds Meet, Environments Connect, 10th Annual Social Services Rehabilitation Conference, Ramat Gan, Israel, Presenter: “Technology as a Psycho-Educational Tool to Increase Sex Positive Discourse”, March 2016.
- Who Needs Sex Anyway? Annual Hadas Organization Conference, Bar Ilan University, Ramat Gan Israel, Presenter: “Because You Are Needy, Because You Are Special” – on sexual rights of people with special needs, Feb. 2016.
- American Association for Sexual Educators, Counselors, and Therapists (AASECT). Professional Member. Licensed as a sexual educator.
- Kink Aware Professional – Service provider. National Coalition for Sexual Freedom. Upholding Your rights. Your privacy. Your Freedom.
DIPLOMAS AND CERTIFICATES